Have you been on Youtube, Metacafe or any of the dozens of other video sites and saw a video taken from someone's desktop? If you have been reading Bauer-Power for a while you have, as I post a lot of these types of videos.
I have even posted one myself from my Ubuntu laptop a little while back. Have you ever wanted to do that yourself? Maybe you are in the IT field and you constantly have to show users how to do stuff. Wouldn't it be real cool if you just recorded a short video from your desktop and sent it to them? Wouldn't that be a quick ticket closer?
The utility I was using to create my Ubuntu recording was RecordMyDesktop, but what about on Windows machines? I found FREE a utility that will record on Windows, and it is called CamStudio. Here is a small list of a few ways you can use it from their website:
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favorite software program, before you forget them
What desktop recording software do you use? What other suggested uses do you have for this type of software? Let me know in the comments.