Anyway, I found a really great Greasemonkey script that will get the job done. It allows you to select multiple people at once and purge their asses in bulk from your Facebook profile, and you can finally get your Newsfeed back to the stuff you care about. Here's what you will need:
Now to delete the people you want, do the following after installing the Facebook Delete script:
- Go to your Lists (http://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/lists) and create a new list called Delete
- Add the people you want to delete to the list.
- After your list is complete, go to your friends list (http://www.facebook.com/YOURNAME/friends) and click on the Facebook Delete Friends arrow
- Scroll to the bottom of your friends list so the script can see all of your friends. The script will only work correctly if all of your friends are displayed on one page.
- Scroll back up, and change the drop down box to say Only Delete, and select the Delete group from the list, then click the Highlight Only button. This takes a while, so go get a cup of coffee.
- Once that is complete, you will see all the people you added to your Delete list highlighted in red, and the rest will have a check in their check box.
- Click the Delete all EXCEPT Selected button, and refill your coffee cup, because this takes a while too.
- After that, everyone you wanted to unfriend will be unfriended! You can now remove your Delete list if you want.
Know of other cool Facebook Greasemonkey scripts? What do you use them for? let us know in the comments! Speaking of Facebook, be sure to 'Like' us, and be our friend here: http://facebook.com/bpowmedia.