I’ve made my last and final improvement to my Ubuntu iSCSI SAN setup that I like to dub the Bauer-Power SAN. In my previous post about this setup I use iSCSI Enterprise Target (IET) as the iSCSI target software, and although it works for most things it is not VMWare certified and cannot be used in Windows clustering. I therefore had to make the change from IET to SCST. You can follow my last to posts on how to set up your SAN and they are:
The physical hardware is the same with the exception of my disk partitioning which is now setup as such:
I had to increase the size of the OS partition because after downloading the SCST and Kernel source files I ran out of space. No big deal though. To setup your iSCSI SAN using my method, use the two above articles and replace the IET section with the SCST setup and you should be good to go.
If you have any questions or comments, hit me up below!