I had a user today who said she could open a shared calendar in Outlook, but when she did she would get the following error:
"Can't open this item. Unable to open the free/busy information."
If you are seeing this, then you have two options that I have found:
- Have the user whose calendar you wish to open close out of Outlook.
- Click on Start > Run and type in the following:
If that doesn't fix the problem, then you have to move on to Option Two, which is:
- On the user's computer whose calendar you wish to view, download MfcMapi.exe from Microsoft.com
- Run MfcMapi.exe, then click on Session > Logon and Display Store Table
- Select the profile of the person whose calendar you wish to view
- Double click on the line that says "Mailbox-"
- Expand Root Container
- Expand Top of Information Store
- Click on Inbox
- Now in the right windows look for PR_FREEBUSY_ENTRYIDS, right click on it and select Delete Property.
- Close out of MfcMapi.exe
- Now repeat option One from above.
The corrupt free/busy issue should now be resolved.