I am always in the market for a good free anti virus program. One of the main reasons for this is I get a lot of requests from friends and family members to take a look at their computer that is riddled with malware, and slower than molasses.
One of the first things I check is their anti virus. Yup, just as I suspected. The virus definitions are two years old, and they never extended their license. This is the perfect case to provide them with a free solution that they don't have to think about.
Some people have their favorites, but I personally like choice, and I like to give people choices. I have recommended several free anti virus programs in the past including AVG, Avast, ClamWin and Comodo. All of them are good. Depending on the user's level of techno savvyness, you may want to give them something they don't have to think about too hard.
This other good AV program is called PC Tools Free Anti Virus. Here are some of the program high lights from the vendor's website:
- Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing
- Detects, quarantines, disinfects and destroys Viruses, Trojans and Worms
- IntelliGuard™ protects your computer against threats in real-time
- Automatically checks for frequent updates against the latest threats
- Best of all it's FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.