Have you run into the problem where you want a new email address but didn’t want to setup a whole new account, sign up for another Windows Live ID. Then you have to setup a whole new Windows Live Space, Add all your friends again, change over your MSDN and TechNet subscriptions, and everything else that your Windows Live ID connects to?
Well I had that same problem because I needed to create a new Gmail address that was, as they say, a little more professional. I mean, I can't possibly put email@example.com on a resume now can I?
So here is how I figured out how to easily change everything over.
- Log into http://home.live.com
- Click on your name in the top right of the page
- Then click on View your account
- From there click on the change link next to your email address
- Put in your current password and whatever new email address you want to use.