I've noticed a weird issue in Google Chrome lately, and that is whenever I type a search term in the address bar, the results come from google.co.in. If you didn't know, that is the URL for Google in India... I however most certainly don't live in India...
Well, after searching around I found out that quite a few others have noticed the same thing. The best solution I can find to make it stop is to do the following in Chrome:
- Go to Settings > Manage Search Engines
- Scroll down to the Add a new search engine box
- Enter Google NCR for the name
- Enter Google NCR_ for the keyword type
- In the URL use https://www.google.com/search?q=%s&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr
- Set that as your default search provider