I don't know about you, but I'm a CD and DVD burning freek. I am constantly burning stuff. I'm always burning software, and music to CD's, and I'm always burning movies (Home movies of course), backups, and everything else to DVD. I love it, and just can't stop.
Lot's of people have pay-for software like Nero or Roxio for their burning needs, but they can get kind of pricy. Seriously, if you are too cheap to buy a movie, then you probably can't afford software like Nero or Roxio anyways. Don't fret, Bauer-Power to the rescue. I'm going to tell you about two absolutley free burning programs that I use all of the time, and quite frankly, I think they work better than Nero or Roxio.
The first one I will talk about it CD Burner XP Pro. This little puppy is primarily made for burning CD's as the name suggests. It can burn audio disks, data disks, burn from ISO and create ISO images as well. There are settings for DVD on it too. For a free program, this is the most like Nero out there in my opinion.
My favorite for burning DVD's comes from the creater of DVD Decrypter. It is called ImgBurn (Pronounced I-M-A-G-E B-U-R-N). This is constantly being updated, and can be used to burn both ISO, BIN, IMG and NRG images among others. According to it's website, it is even Blu-ray compatible. The main features of the program are:
* Read - Read a disc to an image file
* Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc
* Write - Write an image file to a disc
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
* Discovery - Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
If you are looking for a good burning program and your budget is a whopping $0, then you should check out CD Burner XP Pro, and/or ImgBurn. If you need to find labels for the CD's or DVD's you burn, then I recommend taking a little visit to CDCovers.cc.