A while back I completely ditched Windows on my work computer, and went to Bauer-Puntu Linux. I've tried doing in in years past, but I've always gone back to Windows for work... Until now.
One of the tools I use on a daily basis to manage my Windows servers is Remmina, which is a multi-protocol remote desktop and ssh client. In general it works great, except there were a few Windows 2008 R2 servers in my environment that would not let me connect with Remmina. When I tried to connect I would get an error saying:
Unable to Connect To RDP Server x.x.x.x
I finally figured out a fix. Here's what you do:
- Right click on the problem server, and click Edit
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Under Security, change the drop down from Negotiate to TLS
- Click Save