I have some good news and bad news for Bauer-Puntu users out there. The good news is that I've finally finished Bauer-Puntu 13.10. The bad news is that there is a bug in Relinux that breaks the Ubiquity installer and therefore you cannot install this version of Bauer-Puntu to your hard drive. That's why I'm calling this version Bauer-Puntu 13.10LO (Live Only).
That is good news if you only use Bauer-Puntu on a Live DVD or a Live USB stick for doing stuff like changing administrator passwords in Windows, doing offline maintenance on machines protected with Truecrypt full disk encryption, or doing an offline virus scan on an infected Windows system with ClamTK.
If you like to use Bauer-Puntu as your primary operating system, you will just have to use Bauer-Puntu 13.04 for now, and run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade it from 13.04 to 13.10. Of course, you may loose some of my customizations, but it will at least be running Xubuntu 13.10.
So what's new in 13.10LO? Not too much. I did create a new Plymouth splash screen though with support for LUKS encryption. If you only want that, I've made it available on Gnome-Look.org. I also replaced Transmission Bittorrent client with Deluge, and I kept Firefox as the default browser and stopped putting Chromium on because of the NSA's relationship with Google. I also added a couple of programs to help with privacy better in Firefox, and set Firefox to never remember history by default.
Of course the good stuff to protect you from the NSA is still installed. Tor Browser Bundle, Truecrypt, Enigmail for Thunderbird, and OTR for Pidgin are still there.
Here's a list of what's installed:
- GParted - Disk Partitioner
- CHNTPW - Windows Password Cracker
- ClamTK - Antivirus
- VirtualBox - Free Virtualization Software
- Adobe Flash
- LastPass Chrome Plugin
- LOIC – Windows based DoS tool running with Mono
- Pidgin + Off The Record – Instant messaging with encryption
- Thunderbird + Enigmail – Email with GnuPG encryption
- Openshot – Multi-track video editor
- Aircrack NG - Wireless cracking tools
- TOR Browser Bundle - Secure Anonymous Browsing
- Fern Wifi Cracker - GUI Wireless cracker including WPS
- Reaver - Terminal WPS cracker
- Truecrypt - File Encryption
- Truecrack - Truecrypt Volume Brute Force Tool
- Ettercap-NG - For MiTM Fun
- IPList - Keep "The Man" from snooping on your torrent downloads
- UFW Firewall
- Open-vm-tools - For use in VMWare
- Keepass - Encrypted Password Vault
- WPScan - Wordpress Vulnerability Scanner
- Deluge - Bittorrent Client
- HTTPS Everywhere - Firefox plugin to force SSL when available
- DoNotTrackMe - Firefox plugin to protect privacy
|Bauer-Puntu2 Plymouth Splash|
|Low Orbit Ion Cannon|
|Fern Wifi Cracker|
|Tor Browser Bundle|
Bauer-Puntu ISO - (MD5 ffa0f97201f0713beb09cd72fdff9c5d)
Any questions? Comments? Anything you want to see in version 14.04? Let us know in the comments!
Also, don't forget your free Powered By Ubuntu stickers by clicking here!