This post has been a really long time coming. For those of you that actually use Bauer-Puntu regularly (Thanks by the way) you know that I was not able to make a 11.10 version. Also, in the 11.04 version I found out rather late that the version of CHNTPW I had installed didn’t work anymore. Well, that’s all fixed now people!
In this new version, mostly fueled by political issues in the news lately on new legislation that the US Government has been trying to push like SOPA, NDAA and CISPA, I decided to pay a little homage to those who are fighting the dirty fight for our freedoms on the Internet. I’m talking about the hacktivist group Anonymous.
Now, this version of Bauer-Puntu is not intended to be a replacement for the Anonymous OS that you may or may not have heard of, but it may just be as useful to you with some of the goodies I installed in this version. Speaking of which, here is a list of some of the goodies included:
- GParted - Disk Partitioner
- PartImage - Disk Cloning
- CHNTPW - Windows Password Cracker
- Wipe - Secure File Deletion
- TestDisk - File Recovery
- ClamTK - Antivirus
- GrimWepa - GUI WEP/WPA Cracker using Aircrack-ng backend (Booya!)
- Cairo Dock - Mac OSX like dock
- VirtualBox - Free Virtualization Software
- Adobe Flash
- SET – Social Engineer Toolkit
- Metasploit Framework
- LastPass Chrome Plugin
- Medusa – Network password cracker
- LOIC – Windows based DoS tool running with Mono
- Artillery - honeypot/monitoring/prevention tool
- Tor+Privoxy+Proxy Anywhere – Protecting your online privacy
- Pidgin + Pidgin-Encryption – Instant messaging with encryption
- Thunderbird + Enigmail – Email with GnuPG encryption
- WebPG – Chrome plugin to use GnuPG on the web
- W3AF - Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
- Openshot – Multi-track video editor
I’m sure there are a few other things I installed that I can’t think of off the top of my head. Take a look at some screen shots:
Special thanks to my file hosts at TTRCorp!
If you download the torrent version please do me a huge favor and seed it for at least 24 hours. I’m limited on bandwidth, and I’m sure everyone downloading would appreciate it as well.
Also, this sort of thing takes time and energy away from my family. I would really appreciate some support.. I’ve made it simple you can either donate using the Paypal button below, or even easier, the next time you do some Amazon shopping do it through http://amazon.bauer-power.net. You’re going to shop there anyway, why not throw us a bone when you do and help out the cause!
If you have any questions, hit me up in the comments! Enjoy!