- SSH into your XenServer
- Edit: /etc/sysconfig/iptables with your favorite text editor. (I like nano)
- Add the following lines AFTER the line “-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp –dport 5353 -d 188.8.131.52 -j ACCEPT”
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp --dport 161 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp --dport 123 -j ACCEPT
- Execute: service iptables restart
- Edit: /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf with your favorite text editor
- Replace the community with your current SNMP community if you have one.
# sec.name source community
com2sec notConfigUser default public
- Execute: chkconfig snmpd on
- Execute: service snmpd restart
What do you use for monitoring? Do you like it? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments.