I was given this by my first manager in an IT gig. I came across it again during a late night search trying to solve a downed production server without going into the office... Turns out I glanced @ it, got to number 10 and a light bulb popped over my head. I hate consultants and I hate tech support. Hope this brightens your a day - and let me know if you know the REAL author.
Murphy's Laws of Computing
- When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
- When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it?s probably obsolete.
- The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
- When the going gets tough, upgrade.
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
- To err is human...to blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.
- He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
- If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer.
- A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
- The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
- A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want it to do.